Orecchiette with Ricotta and Chard Pan Sauce - BHG
Community Recipe from
- 1 large bunch organic Swiss Chard
- 3/4 pound(s) dried orecchiette
- 2 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- crushed red pepper
- 2 ounce(s) Ricotta salata, Asiago or pecorino cheese finely grated
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh whole milk ricotta
- sea salt and pepper
- freshly grated Asiago
- 1. Bring large pot of generously salted water to boiling. Separate chard stems from leaves; cut both into bite-sized pieces. Add orecchiette to boiling water. Set timer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, for pan sauce, in large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chard stems, cook 3-5 minutes, until crisp tender.
- 3. After 10 minutes, add chard leaves to cooked pasta; cook 2 minutes more. Drain, reserving about 1/4 cup of cooking liquid. Return pasta and chard to pot; place over lowest heat setting. Add chard stems and any residual oil to pasta, along with butter, crushed red pepper, and reserved cooking liquid. Grate in Asiago; toss. Season with pepper and nutmeg. Divide among bowls. Top each with about 1 tbsp. ricotta. Add sea salt, pepper, and additional Asiago to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Orecchiette with Ricotta and Chard Pan Sauce - BHG Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes