This is my favorite radish recipe. I like it best as written, but I've also substituted green beans for the asparagus and used chicken broth.
Orecchiette with Potatoes and Radishes
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 197
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 6.4g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 279mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 1 (8-ounce) bunch radishes with tops
- 8 ounces uncooked orecchiette (
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups (1-inch) diagonally sliced asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Wash radishes and green tops thoroughly. Cut radishes into thin slices to equal 1/2 cup; chop radish tops to equal 1/3 cup.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add radishes, radish tops, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 7 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add asparagus; cook 3 minutes. Add salt. Combine potato mixture and pasta; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This