Orecchiette with Kale, Sausage and Beans
Community Recipe from
- 1 bunch(es) kale stemmed, leaves chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 pound(s) sweet Italian sausage casings removed, crumbled
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 pound(s) orecchiette pasta (little ears)
- 1 can(s) cannellini beans (WestBrae or Progresso best) drained, rinsed
- 1 cup(s) parmesan cheese grated
- 1. Bring 4 qts water to boil.
- 2. Combine kale and 2 cups water in a large MW-safe bowl, cover and MW 10 minutes. Drain, pressing with spatula to remove excess water.
- 3. Heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat, add onion and cook 4 minutes. Add garlic, 30 seconds. Add sausage and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add wine and cook until reduced in half, about 3 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, add 1 Tbsp salt and pasta to water and cook until al dente. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid, drain orechiette and return to pot. Stir in sausage mixture, kale, beans and reserved liquid and simmer until ingredients are heated through. Toss with remaining Tbsp oil and cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Orecchiette with Kale, Sausage and Beans Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes