There was not enough favor. I don't think I would make it again, but if I did I would probably add more red pepper flakes.
Orecchiette With Chickpeas and Broccoli Rabe
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 3/4 cups)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 456
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 67g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 327mg
- Calcium: 137mg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe (rapini), chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups hot, cooked orecchiette (a little ear-shaped pasta), 8 ounces dry
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add chickpeas and sauté 2 minutes or until they're just beginning to brown. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and sauté 30 seconds.
- 2. Add broccoli rabe and chicken broth to pan; bring to a simmer and cook 3 minutes or until broccoli rabe is crisp-tender.
- 3. Stir in hot pasta and salt; cook 2 minutes or until heated throughout.
- 4. Divide among 4 shallow bowls, and top each with Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note