Orecchiette with Brown Butter, Broccoli, Pine Nuts & Basil
- 6 cup(s) broccoli cut into bite size florets with 1-in stem
- 1 pound(s) orecchiette (or penne)
- 8 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) pine nuts toasted
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt & pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cook broccoli in a large pot of boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, scoop broccoli out of the water. Set aside. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and stir for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook 1 minutes. Gently stir in pasta, basil, pine nuts and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and stir in enough pasta water to create a light sauce. Drizzle each serving with olive oil.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lisa1tabor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Orecchiette with Brown Butter, Broccoli, Pine Nuts & Basil Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes