Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe & Chickpeas
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whole-wheat orecchiette, or chiocciole
- 1/2 bunch(es) broccoli rabe
- 3/4 cup(s) vegetarian chicken-flavored broth
- 2 teaspoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 whole(s) cloves garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) dried rosemary minced
- 8 ounce(s) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoon(s) red-wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 1.Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook pasta for 6 minutes. Add broccoli rabe and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the pasta and broccoli rabe are just tender, about 3 minutes more. Drain. Rinse and dry the pot.
- 2.Whisk broth and flour in a small bowl. Heat oil in the pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Whisk in the broth mixture. Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly, until it thickens. Add chickpeas, vinegar, salt, pepper and the pasta mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through and coated with the sauce, about 2 minutes.
- Tips & Notes
- Note: Chicken-flavored broth, a vegetarian broth despite its name, is preferable to vegetable broth in some recipes for its hearty, rich flavor. Sometimes called “No-Chicken Broth,” it can be found with the soups in the natural-foods section of most supermarkets.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Piper28 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note