Orecchiette with Broccoli in Garlic Oil
This simple pasta dish offers a nice way to get kids to eat broccoli.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 (12-oz.) package orecchiette pasta (about 4 cups) or other small shaped pasta
- 1 (12-oz.) package fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Stir 1 Tbsp. salt and pasta into 3 qt. boiling water in a Dutch oven. Cook 3 minutes less than package directions state. Stir in broccoli florets; cook 3 minutes or until pasta is al dente, and broccoli is crisp-tender. Drain and return pasta and broccoli to Dutch oven.
- While pasta cooks, combine olive oil and next 3 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat 6 minutes or until garlic is golden, stirring often. Remove from heat. Add garlic oil and parsley to pasta, and toss well. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables