- 6 ounces uncooked orecchiette pasta
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 8 ounces sweet turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 12 ounces), trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- calories 424
- fat 21 g
- satfat 5.9 g
- monofat 7.7 g
- polyfat 5.8 g
- protein 24 g
- carbohydrate 37 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 57 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 507 mg
- calcium 83 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid; drain.
While pasta cooks, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add walnuts; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer walnuts to a plate.
Add remaining 4 teaspoons oil and sausage to pan; cook 6 minutes, stirring to crumble sausage. Add garlic, broccoli rabe, and 1/2 cup reserved pasta water; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally and scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
Add pasta, remaining 1/2 cup pasta water, walnuts, rind, juice, and red pepper to pan; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.