- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen green peas
- 8 ounces orecchiette rigate
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 ounces watercress, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- calories 301
- fat 6 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 2.8 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 12 g
- carbohydrate 51 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 6 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 268 mg
- calcium 99 mg
How to Make It
Bring a large saucepan or Dutch oven of water to a boil. Place peas in a mesh strainer; set in boiling water for 1 minute. Rinse peas under cold water. Place 1 cup peas in a blender or food processor; reserve remaining peas.
Cook pasta in the boiling water according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Rinse under cold water until cool; drain.
Add 3 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon tarragon, oil, rind, salt, pepper, and garlic to peas in blender. Process until smooth. Combine pea mixture and pasta in a large bowl; toss to coat. Add reserved peas, remaining 1 tablespoon tarragon, watercress, and juice; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with feta; serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.