Orecchiete with toasted bread crumbs
From Giada De Laurentiis Everyday Italian
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Dried Orecchiette pasta or other small pasta such as farfalle or
- 3/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup(s) Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1 cup(s) prosciuto finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese freshely grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.Add the pasta, and cook, stirring occassionally, until tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, heat the oil over a medium-hug flame. Add the bread crumbs and 1/4 teaspoon each of sea salt and pepper. Stirring constantly, cook the bread crumbs until golden brown, about two minutes.
- Working quickly, drain the pasta and stir it into the bread crumb mixture in the pan. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the prosciutto and Parmesan cheese. Season the pasta with more salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl, garnish with the parsley, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RandyHood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Orecchiete with toasted bread crumbs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes