Good, moist, great way to use up extra cream cheese and/yogurt. I used regular instead of fat free yogurt.
Orange Yogurt Cake with Golden Raisins and Pistachios
You can vary the flavors by substituting dried apricots and almonds.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 195
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 31.8g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 163mg
- Calcium: 67mg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces and softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) block-style 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare crumbs, combine 2 tablespoons flour and brown sugar in a medium bowl; cut in 1 tablespoon butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in pistachios.
- To prepare cake, combine the cream cheese and orange marmalade in a small bowl; set aside. Lightly spoon 1 1/4 cups flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine 1 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine granulated sugar and next 4 ingredients (granulated sugar through egg) in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add flour mixture and yogurt alternately to egg mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in raisins.
- Pour batter into a 9-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray; spread evenly. Spread cream cheese mixture over batter. Sprinkle crumbs over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until cake is golden brown and starts to pull away from sides of pan. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This