Orange-Walnut Scones with Currants
- 2 cups Rice Krispies®
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1. In large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal, baking mix and the 1/3 cup sugar, breaking up the lumps in the baking mix. Stir in walnuts and currants. Add egg, orange peel and milk, mixing until mixture forms a ball. Flatten dough into 7 1/2-inch circle. Using large knife, cut into 6 wedges.
Place about 2 inches apart on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. With fork, beat together egg white and water. Brush over tops of scones. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon sugar.
2. Bake at 375° F about 13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note