- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, separated
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, orange rind, and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form; gently fold into batter.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9- x 2 - inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely; spread Cream Cheese Frosting on top of cake. Cut cooled cake into squares to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This