- 3 cups tomato juice, divided
- 4 large green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 (3-inch) piece lemongrass, trimmed and sliced
- 1 (1 1/2-inch) cube fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 cups orange juice
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Garnish: Green Onion Flowers
How to Make It
Puree 2 cups tomato juice and next 4 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
Whisk remaining 1 cup tomato juice, broth, and orange juice in a large nonreactive pitcher. Pour 1 1/2 to 2 cups into an ice-cube tray, and freeze 2 hours or until frozen.
Combine tomato mixture in blender with remaining broth mixture in pitcher in a nonreactive bowl; season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Divide frozen cubes and tomato consommé among 6 decorative glasses or bowls, and garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.