Loved this and plan to make it again. Very sweet orangy flavor. Served with brown rice.
Orange Sweet-and-Sour Chicken Thighs with Bell Peppers
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 382
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 26.5g
- Carbohydrate: 45.9g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 705mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced fresh ginger
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice cooks, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Add chicken to pan, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan, and cut into thin strips.
- While chicken cooks, combine orange juice, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce, and honey, stirring with a whisk.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add onion, garlic, and ginger; sauté for 1 minute. Add green bell pepper and red bell peppers strips, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add orange juice mixture, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 1 minute. Add the chicken to pan, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This