- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced fresh ginger
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- calories 382
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fat 9.9 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 4.5 g
- polyfat 2.7 g
- protein 26.5 g
- carbohydrate 45.9 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 94 mg
- iron 2.4 mg
- sodium 705 mg
- calcium 38 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
While rice cooks, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Add chicken to pan, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan, and cut into thin strips.
While chicken cooks, combine orange juice, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce, and honey, stirring with a whisk.
Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add onion, garlic, and ginger; sauté for 1 minute. Add green bell pepper and red bell peppers strips, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add orange juice mixture, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 1 minute. Add the chicken to pan, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice.