This was excellent! I followed the recipe exactly as written. I put the spices in a coffee filter and bound it with some heavy duty thread. I let the cider simmer all day and everyone enjoyed every bit of it. I added rum into the cups of cider for whoever wanted it. Yummy!
Orange Spiced Cider
Deliciously sweet with a kick of tart flavor, this rich spiced cider has all the flavor elements you want for your next winter party.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (64-oz.) bottle apple cider
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dark rum (optional)
- Garnishes: cinnamon sticks, dried persimmon slices
- 1. Bring first 7 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a container, discarding solids. Stir in rum, if desired. Garnish, if desired, and serve warm.
For a kid-friendly treat, omit the rum.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note