- 1 (64-oz.) bottle apple cider
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dark rum (optional)
- Garnishes: cinnamon sticks, dried persimmon slices
How to Make It
Bring first 7 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a container, discarding solids. Stir in rum, if desired. Garnish, if desired, and serve warm.
For a kid-friendly treat, omit the rum.