- 3 cups sliced carrot
- 1 teaspoon coarsely grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make It
Arrange carrot in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Combine orange rind and next 4 ingredients in a saucepan; stir in carrot. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla. Serve immediately.