Orange Spice Pot Roast
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2-2 1/2 pound(s) boneless beef chuck arm roast
- Nonstick spray
- 3 inches stick cinnamon broken
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 pound(s) turnips or rutabaga peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 medium onion sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoon(s) quick cooking tapioca
- 1/3 cup(s) frozen orange juice concentrate thawed
- 1/3 cup(s) light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Trim as much fat as possible from the pot roast. If necessary, cut the roast to fit into a 3 1/2 to 4 quart crockpot. Spray a cold large skillet with nonstick coating. Hear skillet over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides in the hot skillet. Place cinnamon and cloves on a double thickness of cotton cheesecloth. Gather up the edges and tie with string. (I used a loose tea holder, instead.) Place the spices in the crock pot. Wash, peel and cut the sweet potatoes. Place sweet potatoes, turnips and onions in the crock pot. Sprinkle tapioca over the vegetables. In a small bowl, stir together orange juice concentrate, corn syrup and salt and pour over the vegetables. cover and cook on low-heat for 10-12 hours or on the high-heat setting for 5-6 hours. When finished, shred the meat, discard spices.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KLillie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Orange Spice Pot Roast Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes