I greased my pan as I usually do but still has problems getting the squares out of the pan in good shape. How did others get orange sliced finely chopped? I had difficulty doing that at well. Taste was ok but not worth all the trouble. Would not make again.
Orange Slice Bars
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro
If you're a fan of candied orange slices, you'll love these chewy bar cookies that are filled with chopped orange slice candy and pecans and dusted with powdered sugar.
Yield: 6 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pound candy orange slices, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl; stir in eggs, mixing well. Add flour, chopped orange slices, and pecans; stir until well blended.
- Pour batter into a wellgreased 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool 15 minutes in pan; cut into 2- x 2-inch squares. Cool completely in pan. Remove bars from pan; cut in half diagonally, and roll in powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note