- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 10 ounce soba noodles or spaghetti
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
Boil noodles according to package directions. Before draining, add snow peas and carrot. Let cook 30 seconds.
Drain pasta, peas, and carrot, and toss immediately with orange juice mixture. Set aside.
Brush shrimp with sesame oil, and grill over medium-hot coals 3 to 5 minutes.
Arrange pasta on serving plates, and top with shrimp.
Wine note: Spicy foods marry well with Riesling wines. Here are a few wallet-friendly bottles that balance this savory dish: Blackstone Winery 2005 Monterey County Riesling, Covey Run 2005 Columbia Valley Dry Riesling, and Hardys Stamp of Australia 2005 Riesling Gewürztraminer.