Orange-Seared Salmon with Almonds
NOTES: Steamed broccoli and whole-wheat couscous complete a delicious and nutritionally balanced dinner. (Never mind butter--a drizzle of orange sauce is all the extra flavor the broccoli needs.) For dessert, try frozen yogurt with berries and honey. Prep and cook time: About 15 minutes.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 369
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 103mg
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 pieces (6 oz. each) boned salmon fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1. In a 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat, stir almonds until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour from pan.
- 2. Rinse salmon fillets and pat dry. Set the frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add salmon, skin side up, and cook until well browned on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn pieces and cook until opaque on the outside but still slightly translucent in center of thickest part (cut to test), 1 to 3 minutes, depending on thickness of fish, or until opaque but still moist-looking in center. Transfer salmon, skin side down, to plates or a serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- 3. Add orange peel, juice, and wine to pan. Boil until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 6 minutes. Stir in thyme.
- 4. Spoon orange sauce over salmon and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This