Orange-Scented Shortcakes with Mango and Berries
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 193
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Carbohydrate: 40.9g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 225mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 2.5 ounces gluten-free biscuit and baking mix (about 3/4 cup; such as Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed mango
- 1 cup quartered mixed berries
- 1 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. To prepare shortcakes, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- 3. Weigh or lightly spoon baking mix into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine baking mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture. Place egg whites in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add buttermilk, 1 teaspoon orange rind, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, stirring with a whisk. Add to baking mix mixture, stirring just until moist. Spoon batter into 4 mounds 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 13 minutes or until golden.
- 5. To prepare topping, while shortcakes bake, combine 1/2 teaspoon orange rind and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add mango and berries, stirring gently to coat.
- 6. Cut shortcakes in half horizontally using a serrated knife. Place 1 shortcake bottom in each of 4 shallow bowls. Spoon about 1/2 cup mango mixture and 1/4 cup yogurt, if desired, over each shortcake bottom. Top with shortcake tops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note