- 2.5 ounces gluten-free biscuit and baking mix (about 3/4 cup; such as Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed mango
- 1 cup quartered mixed berries
- 1 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt (optional)
- calories 193
- fat 1.1 g
- satfat 0.2 g
- monofat 0.3 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 5.6 g
- carbohydrate 40.9 g
- fiber 3.4 g
- cholesterol 1 mg
- iron 1.1 mg
- sodium 225 mg
- calcium 109 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
To prepare shortcakes, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
Weigh or lightly spoon baking mix into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine baking mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture. Place egg whites in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add buttermilk, 1 teaspoon orange rind, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, stirring with a whisk. Add to baking mix mixture, stirring just until moist. Spoon batter into 4 mounds 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
Bake at 375° for 13 minutes or until golden.
To prepare topping, while shortcakes bake, combine 1/2 teaspoon orange rind and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add mango and berries, stirring gently to coat.
Cut shortcakes in half horizontally using a serrated knife. Place 1 shortcake bottom in each of 4 shallow bowls. Spoon about 1/2 cup mango mixture and 1/4 cup yogurt, if desired, over each shortcake bottom. Top with shortcake tops.