More From Southern Living
- 3 cups milk
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels
- 4 (2-inch) orange rind strips
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso or 3/4 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Garnishes: orange rind strips and curls, ground nutmeg
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in heavy medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking often, 3 to 4 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, whisking often, 4 to 5 minutes or just until mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat; discard orange rind strips. Serve immediately with sweetened whipped cream. Garnish, if desired.
- Orange-Scented Mocha Sipping Dessert: Prepare recipe as directed, decreasing milk to 2 cups and stirring in 1 cup half-and-half with milk and remaining ingredients.
- Note: Both of these recipes can be prepared up to 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Before serving, bring to a light boil, whisking occasionally; remove from heat, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages