I made this as a part of our Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club. Here's the link - http://whistlestopcooking.blogspot.com/2011/08/cooking-light-summerfest-beach-party.html - I loved the flavor of orange, the almonds and cucumbers gave the perfect amount of crunch. I used the larger pearl couscous and thought it was GREAT !
Orange-Scented Couscous Salad with Almonds, Cilantro, and Cucumber
Cut wonton wrappers into wedges, coat with cooking spray, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake until crisp, and serve with the salad.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 396
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 24.1g
- Carbohydrate: 49.7g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 690mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 1 cup orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup prechopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- Combine 3/4 cup orange juice, water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, coriander, cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; add couscous and cranberries. Cover and let stand 5 minutes; fluff with a fork. Transfer couscous mixture to a large bowl.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add nuts to pan; cook 3 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Add nuts, chicken, and next 3 ingredients (through cilantro) to couscous; toss.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, lime juice, and mustard, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil to juice mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle juice mixture over couscous mixture, tossing to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes