The many flavors provide a very interesting experience. Be sure to go light on the dressing when tossing the arugula. I also added a few dried cranberries for a little sweetness.
Orange Salad with Arugula and Oil-Cured Olives
This minty salad makes a refreshing first course for a holiday feast. Every component of the salad can be prepared and ready to serve well in advance. Make the dressing several hours or even a day ahead; just bring to room temperature before tossing with arugula.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 16.7g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 404mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (5-ounce) package arugula
- 5 oranges, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- 30 oil-cured black olives
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1. To prepare dressing, combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 2. To prepare salad, combine arugula and three-fourths of dressing in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Arrange about 1/2 cup arugula mixture on each of 10 salad plates; arrange orange slices evenly over salads. Drizzle remaining one-fourth of dressing evenly over salads; top each salad with 3 olives. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and additional black pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This