- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons lukewarm water (105° to 115°)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups orange marmalade
- Orange Roll Glaze
- Dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in lukewarm water; stir well. Let stand 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Combine boiling water, shortening, remaining sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir in 2 cups flour and egg, beating well. Stir in yeast mixture, and add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and knead 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down, and let rest 5 minutes. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into an 18- x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread 1 cup orange marmalade over each dough rectangle, leaving a 1/2- inch margin. Roll up jellyroll fashion, starting at long side. Cut roll into 1-inch slices. Place slices, cut side down, in greased muffin pans.
- Cover and repeat rising procedure 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until rolls are browned. Remove rolls from pans immediately. Pour glaze over warm rolls, and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This