Orange Rice Pilaf
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sauté bell pepper and green onions in hot oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in broth, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Tip: To make ahead, cook bell pepper, green onions, and rice according to directions. Refrigerate. At serving time, reheat in a microwave-safe serving dish covered loosely with plastic wrap; stir in orange rind, salt, and pepper just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note