Orange, Red Onion, and Mint Salad
Prepare and chill this colorful salad up to three hours ahead. Lightly dress and toss greens right before serving. Use Valencia oranges; they're both sweet and tart with an intense citrus flavor.
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 5 Valencia or navel oranges, peeled and sectioned or sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings, and halved
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Combine lime juice and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl; slowly add oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Drizzle dressing over salad; sprinkle with minced mint, and toss. Top with mint leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note