i waited to make this salad (from 12-09!). i recently bought fresh oranges from the orchards in the central valley; my how i regretted procrastinating...the dressing for this salad is particularly good. it is easy to make, few ingredients, and delicious. the oregano goes perfectly with the oranges and was enjoyed by all.
Orange, Radicchio, and Oregano Salad
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 71
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 242mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano plus 2 tbsp. leaves
- 3 navel oranges
- 1 head radicchio, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly slivered red onion
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook juice over high heat until reduced to 2 tbsp., about 5 minutes; let cool. In a small bowl, whisk together juice, oil, vinegar, salt, and chopped oregano.
- 2. Cut off ends and outer white membrane from oranges; slice into rounds. In a bowl, gently toss oranges, radicchio, onion, and oregano leaves with dressing to coat.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads