Orange-Pumpkin Seed Vinaigrette
If pumpkin seed oil (which adds a delicious earthy flavor) is unavailable, you can substitute any other nut oil. Prep: 5 minutes, Cook: 6 minutes.
This recipe goes with Braised Rainbow Chard with Warm Pancetta Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 medium-size orange)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seed oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garnish: toasted pumpkin seeds
- Sauté ginger over medium heat in a skillet until soft. Add shallot, and sauté 1 minute. Add orange juice and next 7 ingredients; simmer 2 to 3 minutes (mixture will reduce a little); remove from heat. Toss with braised chard, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note