Orange-Pumpkin Bars with Browned Butter Frosting
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoon(s) orange peel grated
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 cup(s) canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup(s) butter
- 2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 to 4 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 15x10x1 inch pan with shortening and lightly flour, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- 2. In large bowl, beat all bar ingredients on low speed, until dry ingredients are moistened. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- 3. Bake 23-27 minutes. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack about 1 hour.
- 4. In a 2 qt. saucepan, heat butter over medium heat stirring constantly, until light golden brown. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk until frosting is smooth and spreadable. Spread over bars. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until set. Cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by reedcheryla and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Orange-Pumpkin Bars with Browned Butter Frosting Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings