- 3.15 ounces tapioca flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 2.6 ounces white rice flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1.7 ounces potato starch (about 1/3 cup)
- 1.4 ounces cornstarch (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- calories 146
- fat 4.5 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 1.3 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 1.2 g
- carbohydrate 26 g
- fiber 0.7 g
- cholesterol 6 mg
- iron 0.3 mg
- sodium 299 mg
- calcium 104 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Weigh or lightly spoon flours, potato starch, and cornstarch into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, potato starch, cornstarch, granulated sugar, and next 6 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk; cut in shortening and butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk; stir just until moist.
Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove biscuits from baking sheet to a wire rack; cool.
Combine powdered sugar and orange juice in a small bowl. Drizzle over biscuits.