ORANGE PEEL BASIL COOKIES
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) butter softened
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar, plus 3 tblsp for later
- 1 piece(s) large egg
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange peel grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh basil minced
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/3 cup(s) finely chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add 3/4 cup of sugar, beating well. Add the egg, orange peel, orange juice, and basil leaves, beating until blended. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Cover and chill 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Combine pecans and remaining sugar in a shallow bowl. Divide dough into 3 portions. Shape first batch of dough into 1 inch balls and roll in pecan mixture. Place balls, 2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Repeat with 2 remaining dough portions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ghasty and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
ORANGE PEEL BASIL COOKIES Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies