- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Beat eggs and sugar at high speed with an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until foamy. Add orange rind, oil, and extracts, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to sugar mixture, beating well. Fold in pecans. Cover and freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- Divide dough in half; shape each portion into an 8- x 5-inch log on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until firm. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Cut each log diagonally into 1/2-inch slices with a serrated knife. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 15 minutes. Turn cookies over, and bake for 15 more minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch