I love this recipe. I use it often even if I don't have all the correct ingredients. It is easy to work with and makes a great meal. Tonight I did not have nuts but added some Dijon mustard and used Orange Marmalade and regular onions.
Orange-Olive Chicken Scaloppine
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 390
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 38g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 257mg
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Basic chicken scaloppine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds or pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Orange wedges (optional)
- 1. Keep basic chicken scaloppine warm in a 200° oven.
- 2. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and the nuts to hot pan used to cook chicken (don't wash) and stir over medium heat until golden, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and scoop out nuts with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- 3. Set pan over medium-high heat; add remaining 1 teaspoon oil and the shallots, and stir until shallots are limp, about 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, orange peel, orange juice, and olives; stir until mixture is boiling. Boil, stirring occasionally, until juices are slightly reduced, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with nuts and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with orange wedges if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes