- 2 medium oranges
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup orange juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- Grate 1 teaspoon rind from oranges. Set aside. Slice oranges into thirteen 1/8 - inch - thick slices; remove all rind, leaving orange slices intact. Cut each slice in half. Line bottom and sides of a 2-quart mold with orange slices; freeze.
- Beat whipping cream in a large bowl until frothy; gradually add sugar, beating until stiff. Fold in orange rind and 1/4 cup orange juice.
- Soften gelatin in water in a small mixing bowl. Bring 1/2 cup orange juice to a boil; add to softened gelatin, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Let cool.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) in a medium mixing bowl until stiff but not dry; fold in gelatin mixture.
- Fold gelatin mixture into whipped cream mixture. Spoon into prepared mold, and freeze 4 hours or overnight. Unmold onto a serving platter. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This