Orange-Mincemeat Filled Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- About 2/3 cup mincemeat
- Cream shortening in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, beating until well blended. Stir in orange rind and juice.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; gradually add to orange mixture, stirring until well blended. Divide dough in half; cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Roll one half of dough to 1/4- inch thickness on a floured surface, keeping remaining half chilled until ready to use; cut into 3-inch squares. Place a heaping teaspoon of mincemeat in center of each square. Moisten edges with water; fold pastry in half. Press pastry edges firmly together with tines of a fork.
- Place on greased cookies sheets, and bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool slightly on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and mincemeat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies