Orange Mimosa Marmalade
This recipe produces a sweeter, less bitter marmalade than what's commonly sold.
Yield: Makes about 2 cups
More From Southern Living
2 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 4 large Valencia or navel oranges
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups sparkling rosé or sparkling white wine
- 1. Grate zest from oranges to equal 1 Tbsp. Grate zest from lemon to equal 1 tsp.
- 2. Peel and section oranges and lemon, holding fruit over a bowl to collect juices.
- 3. Stir together zest, fruit segments, sugar, kosher salt, 1/3 cup fruit juices, and wine in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 50 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 225° and mixture is slightly thickened. Cool completely (about 1 hour; mixture will thicken as it cools). Pour into 2 (8-oz.) jars or airtight containers, and chill 24 hours. Store marmalade in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
Total time does not include 1 day to chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch