I've made these 2x - first time using a orange cake mix -- and the 2nd I tried a lemon cake mix (omitting the marmalade and subbing lemonade for the orange juice--- delish !!!
Orange Marmalade-Ricotta Cupcakes with Marmalade Buttercream Frosting
Other: 5 Minutes
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package plain white or yellow cake mix*
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- Marmalade Buttercream Frosting
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Insert paper liners into 20 muffin cups; set aside.
- 2. Beat cake mix, 1 cup orange juice, and next 5 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer until combined. Scrape sides of bowl with spatula, and beat at medium speed 2 minutes or until batter is thick and well combined. Spoon about 1/3 cup batter into each liner.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18 to 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 4. Brush tops of warm cupcakes evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice. Let cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- 5. Spread about 1 heaping tablespoon of Marmalade Buttercream Frosting on each cupcake. Store at room temperature in an airtight container up to 3 days, up to a week in refrigerator, or (unfrosted) up to 6 months in freezer.
*We tried several different cake mixes and found we prefer white over yellow.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note