These cookies are fabulous. They are from the Southern Living Christmas cookies book. I made them as gifts for the neighbors!
Orange-Macadamia Nut Cookies
Macadamia nuts and white chocolate pair up in this delicious drop cookie.
This recipe goes with Two-Tone Cookies
Yield: about 3 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (3.5-ounce) jar lightly salted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels or chunks
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugars, beating well. Add egg, orange rind, and flavorings.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in nuts and white chocolate morsels. Cover and chill dough 2 hours.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 9 to 10 minutes or just until edges are golden. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks, and cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts