Easy to make, enough sugar for very good flavor. I like that whole wheat flour is included in the recipe. I made it according to the recipe; no modifications. I will make it again.
Orange-Infused Cherry-Almond Biscotti
You can make these cookies up to a week ahead and store them at room temperature in an airtight container. When buying dried cherries, look for those without added sugar. Serve with coffee or tea.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 83
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 14.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 79mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 7 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (about 5 1/8 ounces)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup dried sweet cherries, chopped
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
- Cooking spray (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Combine rind, butter, juice, almond extract, and eggs in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Stir in cherries and almonds. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 8 times. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into an 11-inch-long roll. Place rolls 4 inches apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden. Remove the rolls from pan, and cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Cut each roll diagonally into 20 (1/2-inch) slices. Carefully stand slices upright on baking sheet.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- Bake biscotti for 20 minutes or until almost firm (biscotti will be slightly soft in center but will continue to harden as they cool). Remove from baking sheet; cool completely on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note