Orange Honey Tilapia
- 4 tilapia filets (frozen is just fine)
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 10-ounce can(s) mandarin oranges, drained
- Aluminum foil
- Salt and pepper to taste at the table
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Lay a length of foil on your countertop and place the fish directly in the middle. Dribble balsamic vinegar and honey over the top of each fillet, and place a handful of drained mandarin oranges on top (my kids like to drink the juice!).
- Fold over foil and crimp the edges to form a packet. Put the foil packet into your slow cooker, and put the lid on (if you’d prefer to have one fish fillet per packet for serving, divide the sauce and the oranges). Cook on high for two hours, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. If your fish was frozen, it may take another 30 minutes or so, but you should still check it after two hours. Season to taste with some salt and pepper at the table.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note