The muffins were very dry and without much flavor. I wish that I had read the reviews before I made these muffins. The reviews were right on target. Very disappointing recipe on all counts.
Orange-Hazelnut Snack Muffins
Photo: Randy Mayor; Stylist: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 81
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 7.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 89mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 1.5 ounces hazelnut flour (about 6 tablespoons; such as Bob's Red Mill)
- 2.5 ounces cake flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Combine oil, milk, agave, rind, juice, and egg in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to oil mixture, stirring just until moist.
- 3. Spoon batter evenly into 12 miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan; cool on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note