Orange-glazed Tofu Triangles tasted great. I would have preferred noodles over the rice but I could always mix that in next time. This is good to make in the summer outside on the grill for a BBQ. I also would recommend using a tofu press like one from TofuXpress. Made getting the tofu firm so much easier than in past recipes. Good stuff.
Orange-Glazed Tofu Triangles with Sesame Rice
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 275
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 13.6g
- Carbohydrate: 41.3g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 660mg
- Calcium: 62mg
- 1 (12.3-ounce) package water-packed extrafirm light tofu
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee), divided
- 1/4 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup hot cooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Cut tofu in half crosswise; reserve one tofu half for another use. Cut tofu half lengthwise into 3 (3/4-inch-thick) slices; cut each slice in half diagonally. Arrange tofu pieces in a single layer on several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Cover tofu with additional paper towels; place a cutting board on top of tofu, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Combine orange juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, 1/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce, and ginger in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Remove cutting board and paper towels from tofu; sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon salt over tofu. Add the tofu slices to the orange juice mixture in dish, turning to coat. Cover and marinate at room temperature 30 minutes, turning tofu slices after 15 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Drain tofu; discard marinade. Add tofu to pan; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn tofu over; cook 2 minutes. Set aside; keep warm.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add peas, carrot, and onions; cook 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce, remaining 1/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add cooked rice; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in sesame seeds. Place 1 cup rice mixture on each of 2 plates, and arrange 3 tofu pieces on top of rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Orange-Glazed Tofu Triangles with Sesame Rice Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes