Easy as pie and always a hit. Using fresh squeezed orange juice makes a difference.
Orange-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- 6 medium-size sweet potatoes (about 4 lb.)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Peel potatoes, and cut into 1-inch-thick slices; arrange in a single layer in 2 lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dishes.
- 2. Stir together brown sugar and next 5 ingredients; pour over potatoes. Cover with aluminum foil.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until fork-tender. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes or until glaze becomes syrupy.
- Make Ahead: Cover and chill cooked potatoes up to 1 day. To reheat, let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Bake, covered with foil, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Brought to the table by cookbook authors Matt Lee and Ted Lee (adapted from The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern cookbook).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note