I made these yesterday but unfortunately I did not get to sneak a taste because I was selling them for a bake sale. They looked beautiful and puffed up very well. I used cream cheese frosting instead of the glaze. They remind me of warmer days :)
Orange-Glazed Strawberry Cupcakes
Photo: Charles Schiller
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 228
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg white
- 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) orange juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Make cupcakes: Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and egg white until well combined. With mixer on low, beat in half of flour mixture. Beat in 6 Tbsp. orange juice, then add remaining flour mixture and beat until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gently fold in chopped strawberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each until almost full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes.
- Make glaze: In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and remaining 2 Tbsp. orange juice until smooth. If glaze is too thick, stir in additional juice, making sure to add only 1 tsp. at a time, until you reach desired consistency. Glaze should be loose enough to spread easily on cupcakes, but not so thin that it drips.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and top evenly with glaze. Let cool completely on rack, about 1 hour. Garnish each cupcake with a strawberry half, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This