I made two batches of these lovely, easy, and sweet Cupcakes Today. I actually used a Whole Wheat Pastry Flour and I Pureed the Fresh Strawberries. Everything Blended together beautifully and Baked up so nice and fluffy. I also made the Glaze and I found it was very sweet and it had the right balance of Orange Juice to Confectioners Sugar. Letting it sit, in the bowl, helps the flavors to Blend and Balance.
Orange-Glazed Strawberry Cupcakes
Photo: Charles Schiller
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 228
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg white
- 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) orange juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Make cupcakes: Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and egg white until well combined. With mixer on low, beat in half of flour mixture. Beat in 6 Tbsp. orange juice, then add remaining flour mixture and beat until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gently fold in chopped strawberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each until almost full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes.
- Make glaze: In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and remaining 2 Tbsp. orange juice until smooth. If glaze is too thick, stir in additional juice, making sure to add only 1 tsp. at a time, until you reach desired consistency. Glaze should be loose enough to spread easily on cupcakes, but not so thin that it drips.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and top evenly with glaze. Let cool completely on rack, about 1 hour. Garnish each cupcake with a strawberry half, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note