A very fast meal. I think next time I'll broil the fish instead, for it turned out a little tough. The sauce was delicious. I added an extra tablespoon of shallots. Next time I may add a little cornstarch to thicken the sauce, but the taste was delicious. I also made roasted asparagus as my side.
Orange-Glazed Salmon Fillets with Rosemary
Fresh rosemary and a little maple syrup infuse aromatic and faintly sweet flavor into this speedy seafood dish.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 30.4g
- Carbohydrate: 9.5g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 311mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1. Sprinkle fillets evenly with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fillets; cook 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan.
- 2. Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in wine and rosemary; cook 30 seconds or until liquid almost evaporates. Add juice and syrup; bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute. Return fillets to pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until thoroughly heated.
- Seasoned haricots verts: Cook 1 pound haricots verts in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; rinse with cold water. Pat dry. Combine with 1/3 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper and 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts. Combine 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard. Toss with bean mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes